Section-D: Quantitative Aptitude (50 marks)
Objective: To test the grasp of elementary concepts in Mathematics and Statistics and application of the same as useful quantitative tools.
- Ratio and Proportion, Indices, Logarithms.
- Equations: Linear- simultaneous linear equation up to three variables, quadratic and cubic equations in one variable,, equations of a straight line, intersection of straight lines, graphical solution to linear equations.
- Inequalities: Graphs of inequalities in two variables-common regions.
- Simple and Compound Interest including Annuity- Applications.
- Basic concepts of Permutations and Combinations.
- Sequence and Series- Arithmetic and Geometric Progressions.
- Sets, Functions and Relations.
- Limits and Continuity- Intuitive Approach.
- Basic concepts of Differential and Integral calculus(excluding trigonometric functions).
- Statistical description of data: Textual, Tabular & diagrammatic representation of data, Frequency distribution, Graphical representation of frequency distribution-Histogram, Frequency polygon, Ogive.
- Measures of Central Tendency and Dispersion: Arithmetic Mean, Median- Partition Values, Mode, Geometric Mean and Harmonic, Mean, Standard deviation, Quartile deviation.
- Correlation and Regression.
- Probability and Expected Value by Mathematical Expectation.
- Theoretical Distributions: Binomial, Poisson and Normal.
- Sampling Theory: Basic Principles of sampling theory, comparison between sample survey and complete enumeration, Errors in sample survey, some important terms associated with sampling, Types of sampling, Theory of estimation, Determination of sample size.
- Index Numbers.